Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add-a-leafs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Jun 23, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

can you put add-a-leafs on the front springs...I did a search and came upwith no helping results....can any one else help me........................................Ryan

high

2. scrapmetal

scrapmetal 1/2 ton status

Well you werent looking very good, just about everyone makes them for a Chevy. Got 4wheelparts.com,, thats four wheel parts wholesalers site,, they'll have what ya want,, if its not online, they have it in a catalog,, I know, I got one, and there in there,,or you might have a Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers near you,,

Never been stuck, just temporarily delayed.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yes you can...They stiffen the ride,but they do work!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

4. FatBoyBlazer

i wasn't talking about a web search, i was talkingabout a post search on this site wether or not you can use them.............................Ryan

high

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

try these from ORD... most here recommend staying away from 4wheelparts unless you can walk in one of their stores. they don't affect ride quaility either like an add a leaf would.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.coloradok5.com/ordaddaleafreview.shtml>http://www.coloradok5.com/ordaddaleafreview.shtml</A>

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

6. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Hi Ryan,
    just about any spring shop should be able to help you out but keep in mind that this method of lifting your truck will result in a much stiffer ride. This is great if you use your rig as a cafe racer but pure hell on your kidneys not to mention the squeeks and rattles it will induce from wheeling and driving through potholes on city streets. A loud stereo helps but in the end, drop the bucks and do it right.
    Shawnboy.

7. FatBoyBlazer

e only reson that i was going to do it was to put 33's on it, in about 6-8 months i was going to put a 4 inch rough country on it with front and rearsprings..................................Ryan

high

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

The ORD "add-a-leafs" are 0 rate and are not supposed to affect ride quality from what I understand, they result in 1"of lift.

9. FatBoyBlazer

i look ed on their web site and couldn't find them.....how much are they?...............................Ryan

high

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I think Mikey has them, you might want to pm him. His user name is Captcrunch. I think they are like $30, but I dont know for sure

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I used a pair from JC Whitney. They did not make the ride that much stiffer than stock with 3 leaf springs. It's not all that bad. I added a 3" block in the back and it sat about 1/2" lower in the front. Well worth the $70 I spent until I bought the 4" Rancho.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

WHyy not skip the 4" lift and go right for the 6"? You know you'll probably end up wanting it a little higher anyway.
    I personally think 6" is just about perfect for a chevy. 4" is too short for my taste.
    -- Mike

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wanted a 6" but everyone said on a shortbox it would throw too many driveshafts.

Now I wish I'd gone 6" but I need a CV shaft. I might go 8" with a 4" shackle flip and 8" front springs.

Tim

14. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Tim, I installed my 6" lift originally on my 76 k10 shortbox. I did not lower my tcase at all. I had a 465/205 and d44/12bolt. Stock driveshafts were adequate (I do not have rocks here. I run through the mud and trails.) What I did have to do was clearance the front CV with my die grinder. Not that big of a deal.
    Now that 8" is a different story. [​IMG]

-- Mike

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well, I wish I'd known that before. I don't know what I want to do now. I want my truck bigger. Maybe 6" and 3". But I've also got a different trans and transfer than you. I've got a 700R4/NP 208.

Tim