Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add a leafs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by schmuck, Feb 1, 2003.

1. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

well ive finally come to realize that im just to broke and will be for a while to get any of the major modifications done to my truck that i wanted to do plus ive still got lots of little things that need attension like front drive shaft steering problems and probably a new flywheel but what i was wondering is i just got in a new jcwhitney catalog and they have some 2" add a leafs they are for front and rear and are a 2pac each now im still running on stock suppension with 35x 12.50s and the only clearance i realy wanted was just enough to put them on 10" rims i was planning on putting on a 4" lift in the front and shackle flip in rear and maybe a 2" or 3" body lift later if required but im broke so what i need to know is has anyone used the add a leafs? do they really lift the truck 2" front and rear? how is the ride? would i need a drop pitman arm for this? its only about 100bucks compared to about $250 for the 4" lift plus its alot less work and getting help doing work to my truck is almost imposible

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

did a search already got a little bit of info just wongering if any body had anthing else to say /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ive got add-a-leaves on the back of mine and dont like them.

[​IMG]

As you can see they allow absolutlely no rear flex. If your just going to level it out its fine. And they ride rather stiff.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have an add-a-leaf in my rear spring packs and I hate them. Very stiff.
    However, they are cheap and do what they say. If you are strapped for cash, they are a good thing.
    Mine raised mine about 1.5" I think.
    -- Mike

5. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Save your money. You will be very unhappy the ride will
    be real rough and no flex do to it being stiff.
    Hope this helps,
    Bo
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

well i only mud ride and the truck already rides like a brick thanks to a set of rancho 5000's and a set of helper springs im prety content with the way the truck sits now but i think a few more inches would be nice this is my daily driver so i was never planning on going real big /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I'd do a 2" body lift before an add-a-leaf. Or do a 1" zero rate in front and a 1 1/2" block in the rear.

8. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

what about the steering will i need a drop pitman arm im also looking into the ord 0 rates in conjuntion with the add a leafs to get three inches but i wont do this untill later when i have more money what do yall think