Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add on fuel injection?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Oct 30, 2001.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Anyone bought an aftermarket fuel injection kit? I am considering it for both my vehicles. Anyone? I am looking into a few companies...

-Holley
    -Accel
    -kit from BigTurbo.com
    -kit from fuelnjection.com
    -kit from TurboCity.com

Ken H.

'85 K5 in process

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have not bought a complete kit. But I have bought parts and performance upgrades for my FI fromhttp://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I'm with Thunder, go with a GM-based kit as it is a proven reliable performer. TPI or TBI is an improvement either way over carbs for mileage. Me...........I lean a bit towards TPI.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    I have the Holley Pro-Jection System
    What do you want to know ?

5. four_by_ken

Really I am just trying to decide which way to go. I would really like a full TPI system, but it is on the pricey side. So, I may just go with a TBI set up. Just looking for some personal experience on priceing and set up and adjustments.

Thanks
    Ken H.

'85 K5 in process

6. eastk5

eastk5 Registered Member

I have a Holly set up. Am trying to get time to install it, hopefully I'll be able to have it in by next week(woking long hours this week). when i do i can post what it took to get in and any problems i have. BTW i chose the holly for the price also.

7. four_by_ken

Well!?!?!?!?
    What was the price, and where did you get it from?

Ken H.

'85 K5 in process

8. big79209

big79209 Registered Member

hey four by ken, i have put on the holley pro-jection system for a couple of vehicals now, i have installed both the analog system and also the digital 2-d system, you can get the 2-d system from summit or jegs for about 700 and some change. its an ok system that you can have up and going in about a day. you will have to run a seprate return line if there isnt one provided already, the best place to go into is at the sending unit itself, pull yours out and weld in a steel tube. it is a good system if you have the time to mess with all the settings, and in my experence you have to get ahold of a knowlegable person at holley if you have trouble. i have also installed factory tbi into a 72 blazer, i am so far very impressed with that system, it wasnt that hard to put on and it runs very well up and down the hills. im not to sure about some of the others that you mentioned.
    just my two cents!!

9. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

I had a holley projection 2d for near 4 years, it was great till the seals on the injectors started to go bad..it wasnt running right and i realized the seal was letting fuel dump out at higher rpms, of course the next time i started it up the whole engine bay when up in flames...i put it out before anything was really damaged (other than the projection) and trashed it for my old carb...
    hopefully their newer ones have better seals or more warning before they commit suicide.

10. eastk5

eastk5 Registered Member

I got it from Jeg's . I think it was around $800. but I also got the T-700 bracket for the tv cable and the O2 sensor. Like I said I still don't have in yet but hopefully this weekend.

11. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Have you looked into Edlebrock's kits?

<font color=black> -Tommy
    <font color=red>"To secure peace is to prepare for war..."

12. four_by_ken

I just remember it was real expensive.

Ken H.

'85 K5 in process