Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Added some new pics to my webshots Desert Trips

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Added a bunch of pics to my webshots Desert Trips folder. Bodie, Aurora, Huntoon Valley, etc. It is easiest to run it as a slideshow at 5 second intervals. Clicky

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Some pretty awesome shots you took there. I love ghost towns.
    So, would that shower still be considered in-door plumbing?? :haha:

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Great pictures. We just did a club trip up to that area a couple months ago. All the old towns are really cool to go poke around in.

Desert Rat if you're ever gonna be up in that area let me know. I'm part of the Mammoth Lakes 4x4 club up there and we have trips monthly in and around Mammoth. Most of the time we do things like go to all the old towns and different scenic spots but there are a couple fun actual "wheeling" trails. Also I'm up quite a bit and am always looking for people to go out it with.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Have you ever made it over to Nye and Sand Canyons on the Ca/Nev border? You hit Bridgeport and head up into Nevada but cut off road and it takes you through the canyons over into Nevada to the Wellington area. My buddy and I have been wheeling around those parts for 20 yrs. now. We also like to get down farther south to Huntoon, Mina, etc. That shot of the Mina hot tub doesn't show just how far in the boonies it really is. One time we were kicking back in our lawn chairs au natural reading Four Wheeler when a couple of F-18's came screaming overhead right down on the deck. It seemed like they were only about 100 ft. above us. Rattled the whole area. It was an awesome sight. Sometimes when we are down on the Walker River in a remote area we've had F-16's do the same thing. The fly boys like to thread the needle over the river and through the canyons. I've missed out on some good wheeling building the Blazer over the last two years. I've taken the boys up a couple of times in the family truckster, but it isn't the same. I'm nearly done with the two year project and I can't wait for next summer. As for the outdoor plumbing, I can only imagine trying to take a shower come winter time.....