Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adding springs to leaf pack

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1970Jimmy, Jun 4, 2002.

1. 1970Jimmy

1970Jimmy Registered Member

I am considering adding a couple of leaves to each of my spring packs. Has anyone done so?? Advantages/Disadvatages??

2. lukefalls

lukefalls 1/2 ton status

It depends on what spring you install, but typically the spring will become stiffer. I will never get any softer. This is an advantage if you tow or haul some weight. This is a disadvantage if you want flex. Also, depending on how many leafs you install and how much arc they have, it can lift your rig as much as two to three inches, though not likely that much. Have fun

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I put add-a-leaves in my front 4" springs and I seriously could not tell any difference in ride quality then with the 4" lift springs with no add-a-leaf. I had to use a bearing press to get the springs together close enough to tighten the center pin. I gained about 3/4-1 inch which brought me up to about 4 inches of lift in the front.(springs are really old)

Evan