Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Additional length in driveline due to doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 79Beast, May 21, 2002.

1. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I have a SM465 and I will be putting a gen 2 doubler behind it. How much will it move my front output back? I have heard about four inches. Is this accurate?

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

As far as I know, and what I am planning for with mine, is it will mose it all back 6 inches. Which will mean 6 inches less in the rear and 6 inchs more in the front.

Ken H.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

If you use the factory 465/203 adapter setup, you'll move the 205 back about 6". If you use the 465/208 adapter setup, you move back about 10 inches. If you already had a 465/203 in the truck, you move the front output back 3", the rear output stays in the same place.
    Hope this answers your question!

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I currently have a 465/ 205 combo....so 6". Thanks. I already have the 465/ 203 adapter, I will have to get the 203 and upgrade my 205 along with getting the actual doubler adapter.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Watson,

This brings up a question. Do you still have the page on your site listing lengths of trannys and transfer cases? I thought you had this info on the Gen1 Doubler page with total length info. Just checking. Thanks.

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I did and don't now, I might look at putting it back up but under some more general tech info. We got away from the need for a lot of that with the GEN2, since they're all the same. The GEN1 was a bit confusing since you could mix and match a lot of different parts. Now we can just say it's 21.5" long and be done! But the general case info is handy.