Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adhesive on inside of hood

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, Jul 24, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

After removing the insulation from the hood I noticed that there is glue or epoxy between the inner and outer part of the hood, possibly to keep it from rattling. Since I'm having the hood chemically stripped there is a good chance that this adhesive will come off also. Does any one know what this is and what I should use to replace it?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

The hood on my 81 was comin apart. The adhesive is in there to strengthen the hood. I used liquid nails at first- DON'T do that- it doesn't work. Then I used good old RTV, holding up great for 4 years now.

<a target="_blank" href=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Any other input?

4. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mines a body tech and he's been using this black epoxy to glue panels together. It's seems like the stuff your talking about. He gets it at a body supply store, think it's a GM thing. wish I could help you more.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]