Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjust your hood in less than 1 minute!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doonjumper, Mar 3, 2002.

1. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

I accidentally found out how to adjust my hood...THE SCARY WAY! If you own an older blazer then the rear of your hood probably sticks up where it meets the windshield. All of my buddies did at least. Anyways I was working on my blazer and I apparently forgot to latch the hood all the way. I was driving down the street when all of the sudden my hood came flying up. I was going about 35 mph when it happend.I got out and closed it rather quickly hoping that nobody saw what happend. As I closed it I could not believe what I saw. My hood and fenders were lined up PERFECTLY. I told my buddy this story when I got to his house 5 minutes later.We adjusted his hood also. Not the way I had, but by pushing it straight up basically as far as we could. We closed it and wah-lah. A perfect fit. We called up another buddy and he came over so we told him about it. A few seconds later and wah-lah another perfect fit.We had thought that our hinges were just worn out cause' we all had tried to adjust our hoods before with no luck.

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Lol, I'll give that a shot !

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Sweet! maybe it'll work on my '90!

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

umm, maybe i am just the only one who can get mine to line up right the first time.(scribe marks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif work great)
    i saw a blazer the other day that had a hood set up to pull of the hinges. they made a slide on deal on the hinges so you could open the hood, slide it foreward and pull it off. easy. i will try to get pics tomorrow.
    Grant

5. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

I'm not talking about when you take your hood off. I am talking about when its already squared up to grill and fenders. The rear sits high in the back usually about 1-2 inches.

6. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Did you loosen any of the nuts on your buddies rides or just slam it up?

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Mine lined up great after we took a BFH to it /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif