Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjustable shocks...RS9000 or MX6?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Dec 30, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Since I seem to have the "bounce" factor on the frontend of my K5, I was thinking about maybe trying some adjustable shocks in the front and them maybe adding them in the rear if need be. I was able to play with the new MX6 shock a little while ago and could feel the firmness and softness of different adjustable levels. However, the MX6 is a fairly new shock compared to the RS9000.

Does anybody have any good/bad before and after experiences of running a regular shock and then switching to an adjustable? (I am currently running the ES 9000)

Thanks
    Ross

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Go MX-6. All the Rancho I have had leaked within 6 mo.(9000's) Remmber 1 is gas charged the other is not. My mx-6 do not seem to fade like the rancho's did either.

I also am running these on my 03 CC dmax/allison w/35's no bouncy either /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Ummm, call me silly, but who makes the MX-6?

I've been seriously considering the new 9000x's for my next build up but if you guys say they fade and leak easily I may just have to re-evaluate my options here.

4. muddinmike

muddinmike Registered Member

I think procomp makes the mx6. And as far as the rancho shocks leaking they are warrenteed for life so send em back. And i think with the new 9000x's,they redesigned sthem so that shock fade isnt *supposed* to be a problem. But I dont know i havent used either yet. Im going with the 9000x's in a few months though.

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Ranchos arn't worth the paint they paint them with. JMO.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

if you are dead set on adjustable shocks go with the Pro Crumple MX6's. Being gas charged is a bonus, but now even the rs9000x's are gas charged... The bigger benefit is that they are mono-tube (as apposed to the triple tube 9000x's) and that means that there are less parts (less friction) which creates less heat and therefore less fade.