Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjusting Chevy Doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ohio_frotyk5, Nov 22, 2000.

1. ohio_frotyk5

ohio_frotyk5 Registered Member

Ive got a 1983 Full Size Chevy Blazer and the doors are a little off, hitting the striker bolt and need slammed just to shut them. I would just like to know whats the best way to adjust a Chevy door. Do the hinges have bushings that might need replaced? Any info is appreciated.

Ricky

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I just replaced my bushings about 3 weeks ago. I bought the bushings at Autozone for 5 bucks a set or so. I drew an outline around the hinges with a Sharpe marker and removed the door from the hinges. Then I knocked out the pin and replaced the bushings. It was all pretty easy. The bitch is "fine tuning" the door. Good luck.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

We had the same problem with our doors, all you need to do is either adjust the height of the door, which tends to be easier with the fenders off, I would suggest a helper, one to ighten the bolts and one to hold the door in the right place, or 2. simplyly adjust the striker bolt...if your door lines up right with the body, you may have just loosened the striker bolt and it shifted. Hope that helps you out. It really isnt that difficult a problem to fix with a little help from another set of hands.

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com