Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjusting ebrake w/ 14bolt-disks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chev4life, Jan 30, 2005.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

My ebrake recently stoped grabing and went out to try and adjust it and could only get one side to lock up with the stupid single adjust screw...is there another way to do this? Oh yeah.. I have a 14bolt w/ discs and cadi calipers. I never had a problem setting the ebrake up when I first did the swap.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This is going to be my next project is to finally make my E-brake work again with my rear disc. Can you PM me some pics or post some here.

3. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Yo know, I never got any pics of the rear brake setup..I will try to shoot some tomorrow and post them.

4. socalblazer

socalblazer 1/2 ton status

caddy caliper adjustment

An old trick is to clamp a visegrip onto the ebrake lever then while you actuate the lever back and forth you tap on the caliper housing. 75% of the time you can knock the piston loose and get the brake to adjust up. Once you get the caliper adjusted you should make it a point to use the ebrake at least once a week to keep it adjusted. Good luck.

5. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status