Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjusting linkages on x-case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Nov 12, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

since i put the lift on and lowered the x-case 1", it will kick out of HI LOC it is a 203. how do u know how to adjust the linkages???

NITRO

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

The shifter on a 203 is mounted to the range box so it will move with the t-case. I dont know if adjusting the linkage will do you much good if it was working right before. It is probably hitting the floor and it might need to be notched out. There's probably someone here that has already gone through this and can tell you what to do.

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i bet ur right. i bent my x-member and had to have it bent as close back to normal as possible. i bet it is still hitting the metal which knocks it outta gear. thanx for the idea.

NITRO

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Assuming you have it adjusted correctly- ie. from the Factory, Haynes, Chilton manual etc.. Checking the sheet metal on the tunnel is a good idea. It may have rub marks from the bolts that bolt the 2 shift levers together. On my old setup, all I had to do was turn the bolts around so that the bolt heads were on the passenger side, no more rub.......
    HTH

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i hit a huge ass rock at the badlands and it bent the x-member. well, i took it and had it straightened as much as possible, but it is still hittin the metal on the passenger side. so since i have an extra cross member, i think i am gonna put that one on and try it

NITRO