Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjusting my door. wont shut!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Dec 9, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I got some doors off a truck from the wrecking yard, I took off my passenger door on my 76 blazer to put the new door on. I never touched the post bolts, I just un bolted the (hinge to door bolts to take the door off. I put the new door on and tried raising the end of the door with a floor jack then tightened up the hinge to door bolts, I then tried shutting the door but the door is hanging too far down and wont shut, would I adjust this problem by taking the fender off, loosening the post bolts, shut the door and have someone hold the door up to where it looks right while I tighten the post bolts back up? then after I get it to shut right I mount the fender back on and adjust the hinge to door bolts? Is this correct or do I have it backwards?

2. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

You should be able to adjust the hinges on the truck side within the A pillar area and not remove the fender.