Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjusting screw...choke pulloff... how?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

On my choke pulloff, it has an "allen screw" to adjust it on the rear, so... what does it do exactly? Screw it in or turn it out for.... if I do that, does that adjust the choke rod length? Wouldn't bending the choke rod serve the same purpose? Or do I need to also bend the rod? My carb has an electric choke and I think I have it set correctly. The problem is that during cold start, the RPM's are low, 500 RPM until it warms up. I do have the fast idle set on the high cam correctly and when I fire it up, it idles around 1500 RPM until I kick it down and then again, the RPM's idle around 500 until it warms up even more. As soon as I drive of of course, the fast idle kicks down, no way around that, so... suggestions? Thanks!

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

eelctric choke have a screw underneath the aluminum round choke housing, tighten it to speed up cold RPM,
    do not bend any rods!