Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

adjusting steering wheel????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Intense Blue, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

i put on 33's and a 2 1/2" suspension lift and my steering wheel is off a 1/4 of a turn. What is the best way to line up the steering wheel with the tires???

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

First, put the key in a position to unlock the steering wheel. Make sure your tires/wheels are as straight as you can get them. The steering wheel is centered by the drag link............that apx. foot long piece that goes from the steering box arm to the steering arm on your axle. Loosen the two bolts on the center section of the drag link, then put a short screwdriver in the gap (do not put a pipe wrench on it), turn the center sleeve until the steering wheel is centered. Tighten the bolts, test drive it, adjust as necessary. Might take a couple of tries to get it right, but its pretty simple.

ONE TON</font color=blue> <font color=green>TPI'd</font color=green><font color=red> BEAST<font color=red>

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

to add to this cuz I just did it. Put your screw driver in the center of the sleeve. Not on the ends and do not use a wrench as it crushes down the sleeve for movement. If you need to move your wheel down or two the left turn it clockwise. the opposite for the other direction. be sure to clean up the threads to with some carb cleaner ,or brake cleaner crc brakekleen works great.

</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>
    "If First you don't succeed, Destroy all attempts you've tried"