Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

adjusting the timing on a 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79cheyenne79, Nov 29, 2006.

1. 79cheyenne79

79cheyenne79 Registered Member

I have a 350 how do you adjust the timing? And I have a 4bbl carb. with a small air filter. Is bigger better? I bought it with the small air filter.

2. 79cheyenne79

Installing a radio/cd player

I want to put/cut a cd player radio in where the old radio goes. Do I need a support of some type to hold the radio in place?

3. lurtch-k20-(78-90)

lurtch-k20-(78-90) Registered Member

Go to autozone.com spec out for the year of the engine, go to tech help. You will find info on vacum tuning, first get your timing as close as you can then, set up for max vacum, there is also a pretty good trouble shooting add for engine trouble. Good luck play hard!!:D As for the filter question, you can't have to much clean air, think about it, is it easier for you to breathe threw a drinking straw or threw a radiator hose.

4. 79cheyenne79

Thanks!!! I was telling a friend more air more power! But he was saying it didn't matter for my type of engine. I just wanted a second opinion. Now I have to find a bigger pan to go onto the carb. The filter is not going to be a problem to find.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if you're going to be doing alot of playing in mud/water, avoid the open element air cleaners. find a stock housing, and put a stock air cleaner in it.

6. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

The hardest part is cutting the steel dash and cluster. You will probably need to support the back of the unit with strapping. I just attached a strap from the bolt on the back to the gas peddle support bracket. Most units have a strap included.

I can send you a pic of how I did mine if you need. PM with your email if you want a pic.