Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adjusting TPS for power and mixture?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtrdrms, Aug 13, 2005.

1. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

Can I richen my mixture by raising the voltage on my TPS? The suggested is .64v and someone here told me .54v but it seems to be down on power now and appears to be running lean with the .54 setting so I want to go back but will it hurt anything and does it actually richen the mixture? FI gurus UNITE!

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

no you cant.

the ecm just uses the min value to see that the throttle is closed. .54 or .64 wont matter.

ryan

3. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

No, changing the 5V reference voltage to the TPS will have no effect on fuel mixture.
    The TPS simply measures throttle shaft position as the name implies............on the same note i am curious as to how you would actually change the reference voltage.

At idle speed the TPS output voltage should be below 1V and increase in a linear fashion to 5V as the throttle is opened to the WFO position.

Changing the fuel mixture is accomplished by changing the dwell and/or duration of the injectors duty cycle which has no connection with the TPS. :bow:

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

put tinme and $ into good quzlity fuel pump and regulator mods and real good large wires and real nice plugs and such

and k & n air filter too

and a real good ignition module

these will all help perfomance and efficiency/mileage and everything like that all at once

good luck