Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adobe Illustrator CS Review

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 3, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Can't offer up much of a review since I've barely touched it.

Downloaded the 30 day trial version the other evening because I have some graphic work I'm doing and looking into doing and needed something other than the highly respected Photoshop 5.0 that I've been wielding ever since it came out.

I've got to say that Illustrator rocks. Since I don't have time to read manuals and all of that stuff, I have just dived into working with it, learning as I go.

I may have to shell out the dinero in the future. Maybe I'll whip out a couple of chops with it before the trial ends..........................

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The hair just stood up on my neck. Revenge of Bubba. :D

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

yeah I'm use to QuarkXpress for page layout but I too just got the CS version of Illustrator and Photoshop, very cool, I'll have to break down and buy the Creative Suite maybe... if you have just the photoshop and you want the creative suite you can "upgrade" from photoshop to the full Creative Suite pretty cheap (I'm thinking around 3-400 bucks). During the upgrade install it just checks the registry for a previous version.... But Creative Suite 2 comes with a crap load of software including Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator. Its a thought since I owned photoshop 5 and upgraded to 6 many years ago (in college).