Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Adrenaline... then safety...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

K... so I'm sitting here at my computer and I hear kind of a loud noise right outside the dining room window. It was kind of a thud, then some rustling. I get up right away and turn on a few lights then step outside to see what was going out... after making a few rounds for about 3 minutes... I begin to walk inside. Just as I'm about to make it in, I here a distinct rustling in the bushes. Heart stopping moment right there, because you KNOW something or someone is out there, whereas it was just suspicion before. I go back inside looking for my weapon of choice, but I don't know what to select (I don't own any guns... so I was just thinking large stick at the moment). I was thinking, what do I have that I could quickly get that would cause LOTS of damage to a potential threat. Then *POOF* it occurs to me. MY DOG. I go to the utility room where he sleeps and find him sleeping, he knows something's up (just that dog's instinct). We walk to the front door and his gameface is on. I'm talking the whole nine yards here. He's got the hair up on his back (right between his shoulders), and a mowhawk all the way from his neck to his tail. I bring him to where I heard the rustle so that he can check it out. He does a bit of sniffing around then something darts from the bushes. It was a cat (kinda dissapointing yet relieving). Colby, my dog, is still feeling quiet defensive and hauls ass after that cat (still maintaining the game face) and starts to sound the alert with some loud, pissed off barks. He chases the cat into a neighbors back yard then pees on that neighbors bushes once he feels satisfied that everyone is safe. I take him back inside and he knows he's done well because I praise him and give him treats. And now he's asleep with a bit of pride. I love my dog!

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Haha, good story

One night I was laid ou on the couch groovin' to some Yokko Kanno and The Seatbelts and my couch goes whump and moves a quarter inch, shakey shakey

So my first thought is..... GHOSTS!

So I'm getting pretty freaked out here.... and it keep happening.... I'm turnging on lights and clearing the house all armchair commando with my shotgun... nothing there.....

So I grabbed my .40 off the desk in my art studio and went out and....

The roofers were stocking shingles on my porch at 10PM

Each one they slid on the pile shook the house when it hit the wall

Damn shingle ghosts

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  3. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Admitting to that and residing in the Republic of Tejas can get you deported forthwith.............................. :D

5. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

:p: I've got some guns alright! I spend all day at the gym sculpting them!

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Well okay then Ultimate Warrior dude................................

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

priceless :haha:

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Yep.

My pooch chases the neighborhood squirrel out of the yard each morning....he gets all fired up and then comes running back to me; I think he scares himself....!!!

Here he is killing some balloons that "invaded" the house. Macabi is a good protector. :D

[​IMG]

9. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

He looks terrifying! :yikes:

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: Ya beat n=me to the punchline once again Bubba.... :doah: