Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advance Auto Q-Jets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Sep 14, 2006.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

I asked in Advance Auto if they sell remanufactured Q-jets...anyway, they do, priced at $152.88 which seems EXTREMELY good.

Thoughts?

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Ive never had a problem with advance parts. I've never bought a carb, but they always make good if something goes wrong.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if yours just needs gaskets and float. grab a reman kit and new float. cost about 30-35 bucks and 2-3 hrs time. also need a can or 2 of carb or brake cleaner. i just did mine.

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Yeah, unless your carb is warped a simple rebuild kit should get it going good again. I have heard some bad things about part store reman'd Q-jets i.e. they do some crazy things to make unrebuildable cores semi-usable.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

and what ever you do DONT mess with the secd door spring adjustment screw on the top plate pass side.

6. MoonMan

MoonMan Registered Member

I would stay away from the champion rebuilt Q-jets. I just bought a Holley rebuilt Q-jet from Advance Auto Online (PartsAmerica) for $179.00.

Here is the link: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?mfrpartnumber=64-7160

I spoke with a rep from my local Advance Auto store and he specifically told me they have many returns of the champion rebuilt carb. The holley rebuilt carb sells in the store for about $315.00 so make sure you buy it online. I am very happy with the carb that I recieved and my truck runs better than it ever had before.