Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advice for getting Screwed on Ebay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigBen, Jan 16, 2007.

1. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey all,

I think I'm getting screwed by a guy on Ebay.
    (witholding his info for now, but he's near Pheonix)

I checked his feedback quickly before I ordered and it looked good enough 50,000 + sales and 99%+ positive feedback.

(Now that I've had a problem I've been looking closer and a lot of his negative feedback sounds exactly like what is happening to me)

Well, I've waited two weeks and have sent a couple emails with no response. I've even called the number he listed in his Ebay "Trading Assistant" page with no response.

I paid promptly on 1/2/07 via PayPal.

With no response, will I be justified in complaining to Ebay/PayPal if I haven't heard from him by tomorrow AM????

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I'd try a few more emails, give the person till Friday morning to respond. Start filing with ebay then. Make your intention clear to the seller before filing a claim. Make sure you file with PayPal too.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

x2;)

4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

did you pay with a credit card through paypal? if so call your credit card co. and file a dispute with them, less b.s. that way, what was it?

5. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I think 2 weeks is long enough with no contact from him to wait. File a claim with paypal, it gets their butt in gear real quick when a hold is placed on the funds.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Give it a little longer. Two weeks sometimes aint a long time to get something bought from someone that has that kind of volume. It was the holliday season when you bought the item.There have been a couple of days when mail was not delivered. MLK day, and President Fords day. So the mail is a little slow right now.
    You have quite a while to file a complaint with ebay and pay pal. So you are covered and protected.
    If the item does not show up by the end of the week Send the seller a email. Be sure to use the "contact seller ask seller a question" on ebay's site which is found on youy auction page for the item. Dont just email him. Use the ebay site so they have a record of your contacts with the seller. Also save all your emails.
    Tell him you intend to file complaints with pay pal and ebay and leave - feed back if he does not reply asap. give him 48 business hours (not everyone works weekends) to reply. If he does not respond follow thru with the complaint process.
    I have done this before and i garentee a complaint with payapal will get results. But give the seller a chance.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  7. BigBen

Thanks guys.
    It's always good to get a second opinion here.

I've been E-mailing, but not through Ebay.

I'll do that tomorrow AM and then give it 'till Friday to file with Paypal/Ebay

-Ben

8. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Use the Get sellers contact information. There's a page buried in their site somewhere that allows people that have had trasactions in the past so many weeks to get the other persons real contact information. full name address/phone number etc.
    I had to use that once, called the guy up, that really scared the bejesus out of him.
    But it may just be the same stuff he listed in the auction being it;'s one of those giant sellers.

But i'd wait at least another week to receive whatever you bought.

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

With no contact from the seller, I'd be all over them in a business week, or a business week after the nearest shipping date they listed. I don't have patience for that. If you paid for it, you made a deal, and their end needs to be held up, even if it's just a "hold on a second" type email.

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

That is why when you need to contact a seller you should always go thru Ebay to contact them. If you just Email them your mail will prolly get thrown in the junk folder with the rest of the sellers spam. They never see your mail, They dont respond, you get mad and think you are being screwed.. I sell on Ebay. Because my email addy is out there I have a very agrssive spam blocker on my mail box. Unless someone uses ebay to contact me their mail gets trashed.
    The item was bought on jan 2. You did not say how the item was shipped But If they did not send a UPS tracking# It Prolly went out USPS. It prolly wasnt shipped till a day or 2 after it was bought. Lets say it went out on Thurs the 4th. That is only 8 business days that mail has been deilivered. If the item was shipped USPS they say up to 14 days delivery for parcel post.
    Give the item a little more time. I would wait till next week before taking any action.

11. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Damnit Thunder, I support you in your bid for world domination, then you beat me down on this??? :haha:

Eh, listen to him. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. :waytogo:

12. BigBen

Here's what's got me worried.

He isn't responding at all. Nothing.
    I have since found many feedback items on him that say:

(I'm assuming it wouldn't be cool to link to his actual feedback in CK5)

I didn't see any of those negatives on the original date of purchase when I checked his feedback. I figured with that many positive reviews, he must be OK.

So, as to Thunder's suggestion, I did contact him THROUGH Ebay with the following:

All I really need to do is hear SOMETHING from him to make me feel like he is listening.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll keep you posted.

13. BigBen

Thunder,

As of it right now, it looks like your suggestions was golden.

I sent that through Ebay and had a response within a half an hour:

Not really an explanation, but as long as the product shows up, I'm not really worried. :)

-Ben