Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

advice for my rear please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cochino12, Jan 11, 2005.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

Well I posted this before but my subscribed threads were deleted when the board changed so I have to ask again.

I currently have a 4" blocks(tapered) and a 10 bolt and am ready to swap out to a 14sf now. The P.O. of the 14sf had the spring perches reangled because he didnt want to use shims. What is the 1)best 2)cheapest way of getting the 14sf under my Blazer and keeping drveline angles where they should be.

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Best- Replace blocks with springs

Cheapest. Buy a new set of spring pads, grind off old ones and have new set welded on in stock location. This is not the easiest. Took me about 8 cut off wheels and 10-15 sawzall blades to get the stock perches off of my van width.

What I would do- find a cheap set of rear springs and replace stock ones and ditch the blocks.

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Ask the PO what setup he had so you might get an idea on how much the pinion angle has changed.

Do a homemade flip or a sky manufacturing flip to ditch the blocks.

Mabye after a flip you might not have to change anything ! You will never know until everything is assembled to know the change in angle needed.

Blake

4. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

What if I kept my blocks and shimmed it 4-6 degrees?