Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advice from the brothers/LEO's (Bubba?)UPDATE at bottom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Feb 2, 2006.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sit back and relax, this is a long story.

My daughter (who is now twelve) had an admirer back in September. It seems that one of her relatively new (just moved here) "friends" also at some point was admired by same said youngster. Now me, being the good Dad, says "hellz no" to the boyfriend deal, "but sure you can talk to him, blah blah blah." Sorry, my sixth grade daughter ain't having no boyfriend, those are the rules. Anyway, her "friend" is the jealous type, and starts some trash talking, like twelve year olds will do. The Mrs.(my wife) catches wind of the trash talkin' while I'm at work, and informs me when I get home from work. Apparently this little "friend" of my daughter has a skewed sense of reality, and is sayin' some pretty nasty chit. Along the lines of my daughter is a b!t<h, liar, bully, yada yada yada. My wife, earlier, before I had arrived home, had called this "friend's" mom to straighten this abortion out before it went too far. Wrong answer. The mom of said "friend" is the obvious source of said girl's psychosis, and proceeds to unload on the wife, who, using her better judgement, hangs up on psycho rather than argue with a dumbass. Well, me having all the answers, says "I'll take our daughter over to her little "friend's" house, and line this out." Wrong answer, "psycho mom" decide's to tell me what a lying little beotch my daughter is, and so forth. I don't get a word in edgewise. I finally can do nothing more than laugh at this broad, tell her she's f'ng crazy, and walk away. I proceed to let my daughter know that she can no longer associate with this "friend", so we don't lower ourselves. "No problem" says my daughter. Unfortunately, they are classmates, so some interaction is necessary. The "admirer" is no longer even a factor at this point, so no harm there. Now it gets ugly.
    Since September, this former "friend" has done nothing but create hate and discontent with my daughter at school. On top of all that, the "psycho" mom has proceeded to endear herself on my family by calling our friends and neighbor's to somehow create some kind of image against my daughter and our family in general. Thankfully, we have lived in same neighborhood for 8+ years, so our friends and neighbors see through this charade, but nonetheless, this broad is trying to drag us through the mud. We have talked to teachers, principal, etc. at school to give them a "head's up" as to the situation and to make sure nothing is interfering with our daughter's education. My kid's (son and daughter) have been going to the same school since kindergarden, and if I do say so myself, are very good students and citizens. This family of hateful retards has been here for about a year and a half.
    Well today, guess what! The freaking COPS show up at MY house, to ask me what's going on with what has apparently turned into an all out feud. I've give the 5-0 the abbreviated version. We (my family) have done NOTHING other than try to ignore the situation, and hope it would die. The only thing we have done is apprize the school that there is an issue between my daughter and this girl, and that they will not be associating with each other.
    Now there is no doubt that this "psycho" mom is in serious need of a good old fashioned ass whoopin', but that isn't an option. If this had happened a few years ago, this wouldn't be problem. Wham, bam, get the shovel. Now that me and the family are considered upstanding citizens and pillars of the community, the "old" ways are no longer an option.
    So, what kind of recourse do we have, or do I save up bail money?
    Sorry for the soap opera, but I'm about at my wit's end.

Thanks,
    John

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. gauder

gauder Banned

I'm betting that if you set up some sort of surveillance on your property, that you'll catch her in the act of something on the other side of the law pretty soon. You're doing the right thing man.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Do you have a family attorney or someone well versed in law? If not I'd schedule an hour in locally and talk to one just so you know exactly where you stand and what your options are.

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Whatever you do, it shouldn't involve sinking to their level. Once that happens, all hell can break loose. I think your doing a great job with what you have done. I don't think for a second that the other mother cares about her childs education. While you making the kids do homework, I'm sure shes teaching her kids how to spite other people.

When I was growing up, 7th and 8th grade was where they started splitting the classes up into vocational and college prep classes. I say just give it awhile, and this other girl won't even have the brains to be in the same classes with your daughter, thus allowing Darwin to solve the problem.

And the security idea is an excellent one. You can be very surprised by what you see going on at the house when your away. If you decide to go that way, drop me a PM. I install that stuff foir a living, and I can walk you through what you really need so you don't waste $$$$.

Good luck,
    Al

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

rock her world..

Disclaimer..I'm not a parent,nor do I ever intend to be..but maybe you'd like to read what I went thru as a kid,its a similar situation..maybe it'll help you,I dunno..:dunno:

I had troubles with bullies in school,since I was a scrawny beanpole most of my childhood..one kid beat me daily,took my lunch money,or my lunch and ate it for me,etc..my parents tired of me coming home beaten and teary eyed..

I had to walk to school,being just under the 1.5 mile "limit" to take a bus..so the bully and his "gang" would wait for me and either chase me home,or get a few more whacks in before I got there..

I started skipping school,faking ilness to stay home,anything to avoid another beating or humiliation in front of my peers..my grades plummeted,and I barely graduated..my parents were very upset with me,for I was nearly an honor student previously..

My parents went the usual route with teachers,the principal,even called the bully's parents and told them what was happening..which they responded to with great insult.."Their" child would DO NO SUCH THING!..and I was lying,and making up stories,just to get attention..well,my dad told them if anything else occured,the police AND a lawyer would be in touch pronto!..they just blew off his threats,and suggested I see a shrink!..

My dad suggested I had to "fight my own battles--mummy and daddy won't always be here to do your fighting FOR you "..that hurt to hear,but truer words were never spoken..

Well,about a week later,I was confronted by the bully again,on my way home..I'd had NO trouble all week,never even saw him once..I soon learned he'd been grounded,and his dad had beat the crap out of him so bad, he had to stay out of school.(funny,"their" child was an angel--until a LAWYER and the police got involved!--I guess my dad called them )--.and now I was going to PAY for getting him in trouble!..:eek1:

He chased me for about a 1/4 mile..finally,I said to myself "I've had ENOUGH of his S***!!.." as I recalled what my father said..and I picked up a flat rock off a stone wall about the size of a frying pan,and whacked him over the head with it!..he was out cold!!..

I thought I'd killed the S.O.B.:eek1: ,and I ran home bawling..soon the cops,the bully, and his parents were at the front door..within 15 minutes the parents agreed with mine,said there would be no further trouble --OR ELSE!,as the father glared at his son!..they made us shake hands and vow to behave..I was about 10 years old at the time..

(a few weeks later an attorney called my parents..the bully's parents were considering pressing charges,but my dad paid the medical bill for the injuries I inflicted,under protest..and they never went ahead with the proceedings)..yipe!..:eek1:

I can't recall ever having any more trouble at that school,but we moved a few years later,and of course being the "new kid on the block" meant it was about to start again..I got a few beatings,humiliated in public a few times..then I started looking for rocks again!--

I threatened one kid who antagonized me,and told him I'd been in this situation before,and HE was going to be the "loser" if he kept it up!..he wisely backed off..my reputation as a "killer" soon spread,after I told some classmates the details of my last encounter with a bully in my hometown..--he tried to beat me up in gym class for making him "look small" in front of his friends after that....I told him he'd be telling it too the judge if he kept bothering me...and he wisely left me alone!..I'm glad he did,for I probably would have been jailed for murder had he not!..

I'd say get a lawyer lined up now..sounds like you'll be needing one soon unfortunately..I'm glad I'm not in school anymore,but it seems this kind of crap continues well into adulthood..the adults in this world can be as bad or worse than the kids in many cases..kids will be kids,but I wish the adults would grow out of this behavior,and stop passing it down to the kids..its got a lot to do with the PARENTS when children have problems I've noticed..you have noticed it first hand too I see..hope your daughter isn't scarred too deeply by this unfortunate turn of events..my best wishes to her and you..

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Portable digital voice recorders are cheap. Your daughter cannot surreptitiously record what is expected to be a private conversation. But, if the conversaton takes place in public and/or in front of witnesses, there is no expectation of privacy and sometimes storing away somebodies rants can be beneficial down the line.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Can Can's kids are assassins, look into it

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, I wish I could advise you by utilizing the "piledriving the bitch into the hard concrete" solution, but I don't think that would endear you to the justice system too much.

Honestly, I don't have anything better than what has already been said..............

9. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Im not sure WHY the police showed up at your house other than a keep the peace call

Idiots can ruin your life if you let them... and it sounds like this bgehavior is escalating and not subsiding... and if you have truely tried just to ignore them and they wont go away then

FILE a restraining order on her for harrassing and threatening behavior

while TRO's are ineffective as a whole they do ramp up the legal process and let the idiot know they are being stupid... and begins to build a paper trail on the knucklehead should somehting happen

Tro's (Temporary restraining orders... or as coppers like to say "oders") are pretty easy to obtain...usually the cleark of the court will have a form assisting you on how to fill one out... basically you list all the behavior that is "threatening" in it by the offending idiot and then a court date is set... it gets served on knucklehead by any peace officer or marshal directing them to do/not do what is stated in the order...like keep 150 feet away from you/your daughter...not call write threaten intimidate harrass etc etc etc....
    At the court hearing then idiot gets to tell their story and judge determines if they are going to make the order more permanent... and what the parameters might be...

If you are good at documenting the idiots behavior and good at vocalizing it a TRO can really put a hurt into someones life... take their guns away... make things not fun for them...
    but that being said if someone is psycho/sick
    they arent going to care anyway....

sorry man.. what a drag... Ive had to move to get away from psycho neighbors...more so I didnt do something stupid that would end me up in jail///

cam

Porbably costs anywhere from 25 -75 dollars depending on where you live

10. SkulzNBonz

Thanks all!
    Not worried about home security. I have a dog and liberal gun laws for that. My daughter is quite a tough little girl, both mentally and physically, so we aren't hurtin' too much there. It's like the annoying fly that you keep swatting at but can't seem to get.
    The restraining order sounds like the way to go. Get this lying, toothless beotch into court and see what happens.
    Thanks again all, I knew I could count on CK5.

John

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Go talk to the school and if possible make sure that hey are in different classes next year. Some places (here) have more than one class in each grade. A little seperation would be a big help.

12. SkulzNBonz

Well, I went up to the police station Saturday with a friend of mine that knows one of the cops pretty well. They told me there wasn't a whole lot I could do until the complainants take it a step further. Even talked to the offiicers that actually came to my house, to get across that we weren't the problem. Kinda felt like they thought, yeah right, whatever, but...
    My buddy is outside showin' off some toy's he had acquired that we were going take shooting when we were done at the station. Let's just say .50 BMG and belt fed yada yada. Anyway, just about every cop in the station come out to admire the firepower, and we all hang out talkin' guns, war, ya know, man stuff. Anyway, the troublemaker's daughter is "miraciously" not in my kid's class anymore after yesterday, so whatever happened, things are turning out OK. Thanks again, y'all.

John

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Peace through overwhelming firepower.....

14. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Give her a tazer and the rules of engagement.

15. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Tru dat. :D