Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advice needed on "programmer" for '99 Tahoe

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gjk5, Jun 7, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I wanted to see if anyone had input on the programmers (like Superchip) to up the performance on these trucks, I have a '99 Tahoe and a couple of friends with another '99 and a '99 Z71 and we were thing about going in on one of these together.

Any advice on these types of programmers or any other easy modifications would be appreciated.

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Um, i don't know everyone's feeling on the improvements oyu get on these, but i do know that most of them will only work on one truck.

It downloads its altered program on your truck's computer, and stores the truck's original programming on the device. Therefore, it won't do anythign when you hook it up to the 2nd truck.

So if you guys decide to go this route, you need to make sure you don't each need your own.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I was wondering about that, so they do have a way to make sure you don't share the programmer? That sucks, I was hoping to get a few guys together and cut the cost ($400) down a little.