Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advice on lift kit requested... 84 Full size blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

What lift kit company would you recommended that offers a smooth ride? Most of my off roading is on sand. I've got a harsh ride now without any lift kit installed, it's just a stock factory vehicle. With so many on the market to choose from, what's a person to do!?!? Also, what is the maximum lift height I can install without having to change the brake lines? 4 inch kit? I'm running 33 inch tires also. Any modifications needed to the drive shaft if I stay with a 4 inch lift? Steering mods? Thanks!

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Go with tuff country 4" ez ride. Visit <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a> They sell it and they have EXCELLENT customer service!

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT
    <font color=red>MERRY CHRISTMAS</font color=red>

3. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I also recommend Tuff Country EZ-ride 4".
    I put that lift on a 77K10 that rode like it had no springs. It like night and day. It rode much better. I will buy the same lift again.
    I would still put longer brake lines on with a 4 inch. They may reach, but they will strech if you flex the suspension much.
    I would also recommend a 4 inch raised steering arm and of course new shocks and longer driveshafts (at least in the rear). I did not have to lengthen my front, but I had a 203 transfer case and you probably have a 208. I have not lifted a 208 truck yet.

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I purchased a tuffcountry ezride heavyduty 4''. I opted to get the shackel flip 4'' from OffRoad Design and use stock rear springs in the rear with Revolvers. For the front springs, Stephen Watson recommended that I get the HeavyDuty because I have a heavy front bumper that I also plan to get a winch eventually. It rides smooth and people have made comments to that effect. Im currently running rs9000s and this makes the ride even better.
    This is probably one of the best setups for the money. Nicer springs can be had but prices usually range from $200 bucks or more per spring. I would try to do crossover steering at the same time of your lift. This would eliminate the need for a 4inch block that most everyone replaces with crossover steering anyway.
    Thats my opinion but what do I know? I'm an idiot.

chrome sucks

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I purchased a tuffcountry ezride heavyduty 4''. I opted to get the shackel flip 4'' from OffRoad Design and use stock rear springs in the rear with Revolvers. For the front springs, Stephen Watson recommended that I get the HeavyDuty because I have a heavy front bumper that I also plan to get a winch eventually. It rides smooth and people have made comments to that effect. Im currently running rs9000s and this makes the ride even better.
    This is probably one of the best setups for the money. Nicer springs can be had but prices usually range from $200 bucks or more per spring. I would try to do crossover steering at the same time of your lift. This would eliminate the need for a 4inch block that most everyone replaces with crossover steering anyway.
    Thats my opinion but what do I know? I'm an idiot.

chrome sucks