Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

advice on lowering

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slick, Sep 9, 2000.

1. slick

slick Newbie

I have a '91 4x4 K5 blazer and want to know if a 2wd front suspension and cross member will bolt onto my 4wd frame. If anyone can help or offer any other advice it would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

2. D2Customs

D2Customs Registered Member

3. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

Nope, but...

I am going to double check on this TODAY!!! I will get back and post what I have found. Currently, I say yes it is a swap, but I want to double check.

Danny, 1BadGMC is using a 2wd frame for his and is not using his 4x4 frame.

Chris Lucas
    http://www.captkaoscustoms.com

4. D2Customs

D2Customs Registered Member

5. Captkaos

Captkaos 1/2 ton status

You are correct....

Danny, you are right. Jason's (1BADGMC) Blazer was originally a 4x4, but he got a 2WD frame for it and is going to swap it over to the 2WD frame.

The frame rails for the 2WD and the 4x4 ARE the same. BUT (you knew it was coming) The holes for the mounting of the 2WD crossmemeber is NOT there. ALSO, the hex shaped hole for the brake line is in a different posistion and is flush with the frame. AND the passenger side mounting for the 2WD steering components are not there either. (I am working on a set of difference between years and models) IE frames: 4x4 vs 4x2 Doors, cabs, etc etc. And I am getting pictures of them.

Chris Lucas
    http://www.captkaoscustoms.com