Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advice & Opinion on Lift Kits

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Supergas, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

I am going to lift a 90 K5 to run 33's. On my 71, I used the complete Tuff Country Lift kit incl. shocks. It seems to work pretty well although a little more bouncy on rough roads than I would like.
    I would like to hear comments/recommendations/dislikes on a kit for my 90 K5. I really don't want to lift it more than 2" & want it to sit level.

Thanks,

Supergas

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i'd go with TC 2" leaves up front and ORD 2.5" shackle flip for the rear.
    i've got a similar setup and im happy with it. it is still a little bouncy in the front. but thats due to poor shackle angle. i started with tuff country shocks, then went to Rancho 9000x. set at 1 or 2 they are alot softer than the TC shocks. bilstiens are also a popular choice around here.

if you want to go all out, get some custom spring packs made. for 2" they'll probly have to be special order, and the think thats around 600 per axle last i checked.

3. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

Do you think/know that correcting poor shackle angle would help this condition? I also have a '90 w/ TC 4" EZ Rides and would like to improve the ride some - very bouncy now. My shackle angle is very poor; top is sloped toward the rear. I have read that 20 - 30 degree top slope towards the front is preferred. I am thinking about using longer shackles and either moving the shackle frame mount forward or going w/ 52" springs up front to correct the angle with the goal being a better ride. Any comments?

4. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

I am going to copy this post to TC & see what they have to say about it.

I have looked at a couple of shackle flip brackets from ORD & MOO.. any opinions... I emailed ORD, but no response... I will call MOO today as email doesen't seem to work well...

Supergas....

5. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

The shackle angle Jonny was talking about was in the front - I guess it would have the same affect both Ft & Rr.