Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Advice: Remove dash pad

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DieselWarrior, Mar 10, 2012.

1. DieselWarrior

DieselWarrior 1/2 ton status

'82 Blazer... Any advice how to easily (?) remove the dash pad? I think mine is about half way out already...

Never done one on these vehicles before.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. MT86K5

MT86K5 1/2 ton status

I just pulled mine out last weekend. There are 4 screws under the front edge, above the pass side 2 vents and one on the pass side between the dash and the door panel. Remove those then pull off your gauge cluster cover and it should be free. You have to pull the dash toward you and up because there are some clips on the bottom of the dash that slide into notches.....I hope that makes sense.....

3. owenst7

owenst7 1/2 ton status

Just remove the trim and it's 7 screws or so. They're either 1/4" or 5/16" heads I think, then it clips on to the dash under the back of the pad. Pretty simple and shouldn't take more than a few minutes tops.

4. jeff in co

jeff in co 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If its still there, there might be a phillips screw on the far passenger side, perpendicular to the dash. You need to open the passenger door first and at the end is the one, single screw. I always us a stubby type of phillips or just the phillips from my cordless drill.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Remove the guage cluster bezel, then remove 4 screws from the dash pad at the lower area on the passenger side, remove the glovebox door to access the passenger side air duct vent tube and remove it from the vent (failure to do this may result in breaking the nipples off the dash insert that holds it and the vent to the dash), then remove a single phillips screw on the right side of the dash pad that faces the door when opened.