Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Afermath of 2003 Tellico K5 Ride

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72THING, Apr 29, 2003.

1. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

This was the first time I'd been to Tellico and it was a blast! We drove on trails 4,5,9, and upper 2. (Maybe some others I can't remember). Slickrock was very challenging, but I finally was able to drive up it. It scared the crap out of me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif My carnage consisted of destroying one of my body mounts, bending my tie-rod & steering stabilizer, and slightly spinning one of the tubes on my rear 14FF. I had it welded back where the plug welds were and stitch welded the tube to the diff. I only had slight body damage during the ride. I also got to meet Depdog, Jim, Orange Crush, Keith, beater74, Zonkers, and some others. (sorry if I forgot your name). I can't wait to go back again with a winch and hydro-assist steering on my side.

Will

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Awe come on you werent scared were ya?

I love that trail. We did 4 to 8 to 9 and then back out 8 to 4 to 5. The next day yall did upper 2 (least thats what Keith said).

Damn, cant believe you spun an axle tube. Your long wheel base made us look silly on slick rock. You done good and so did your bud in the Big Blue K10.

Depdog

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Will, did that sector shaft from Crawford's work? Thanks again for the alt /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [ QUOTE ]
    It scared the crap out of me.

[/ QUOTE ] Never would have guessed it by your driving, I was impressed.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    The next day yall did upper 2 (least thats what Keith said).

[/ QUOTE ] Sunday Keith & I came in the top of Upper 2 down to the top of Lower 2. We saw Jim from the Mud Devils coming up in his K30 cab truck. The other 2 K30 were already there. We all went back out the top of Upper 2, except bee (but not for a lack of trying), who had hub problems. He went back out the other end of Upper.

5. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

No problem on the alternator. Glad I could help you out. That sector shaft ended up having different teeth on it than the cracked one. After about 7 hours of working on the steering, Bill ended up driving back to Carrollton with the cracked sector shaft reinstalled and no power steering. It really sucked. I didn't get home until 3:00 AM Mon. morning.

Will

6. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It was nice to meet all of you. It was my first time there and I can't wait to go back.I havn't even washed my blazer yet just workin.Need all the money I can get after that carnage.I broke both axle joints 2 axle shafts a tcase adapter and god only knows what else.But damn it was fun.My mechanic said that was enough Tellico for him.Break less parts in the mud.I'll be back hopefully with hydro assist and more parts.And 72THING try not to make us look so bad next time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I just lucked out I guess, I really don't know how to drive that good. Hope to see you next time. I'm going for the hydro-assist steering, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Will

8. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the axle shaft. Too bad about the hub breakin after replacin the shaft. Shoot me a PM so I can send ya some $$ fer that shaft.
    I had a blast anyways despite all the problems of the ride there and back. Wish I could have met everyone down there. I will be more ready next year. Sorry to hear but glad to hear that I was not the only one breakin stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif