Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

affordable short-term k5 storage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vortec, Jan 16, 2006.

1. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

i doubt i'm the only one here who has been in this type of situation. hopefully someone found a decent solution they'll share. my k5 has been down for a while. i always parked it in the street, so it wouldn't block in my dd. and i've been waiting for a new job before i drop the money on an engine. now i have the job, but the city (north richland hillls, tx, several miles north of fort worth) won't let me park in the street anymore, and i shoved it into the driveway, so i now have to pull my c1500 around it, or get the k5 towed. even if i had the engine in hand, today, i'd be stuck like this for weeks, considering the limited amount of time i have to work on the install. so, i was wondering if there are any secure, inexpensive storage places to move it. uhaul is sort of pricey. i've only had the job for 2 days, so i'm still not feeling loose with the funds. sorry if this post seems a little incoherrent. i'm really worn out right now. thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We use a self storage place with an outside yard. costs me about $30 a month to keep a vehicle there...

Rene

3. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

For low-dollar storage you could always do outdoor storage at one of those places that mainly do boat and RV storage, but inside a fenced compound. A lot of them are covered, so at least you'd get hail protection in that case. Just look in the yellow pages under self-storage, rv storage, that kind of thing.

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Drag her on down here to Fort Hood. Couple of my buddies are in Iraq right now, and guess who's house sittin? This guy! I could throw it in one of their garages for like another year, for free! Only drawback would be a 3 1/2 hour drive to do any wrenchin...

Al

5. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I was going to say find a friend with a big driveway, but Al already has you covered. :D

6. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

dang, warya. why didn't you say fort worth instead of fort hood? just my luck. don't make too much of a mess partying at your buddie's house. ha.