Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Affordable wheeling in Texas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Mar 19, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Check out Shiloh Ridge. Nice place to spend weekend. Very affordable, especially holiday weekends. I've been several times over last year and can't wait to go this year. Check out the sight www.shilohridge.com!

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the info, Russell. That sure would be a nice place to wheel at it looks like. For those Texas boys like me that had to look at a map, it's in Alto, Tx...just a hair northwest of Lufkin.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

3. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Check this out http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com
    Go to the Gilmer, TX. ohv area.
    This place looks KICK-ASS, and the member fees are RIGHT ON.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

You lucky guys. You actually pay for off-roading! I'd be happy to pay for good roads in my country. Only the most important highways/roads are in top condition. There are some places that you'd rather leave the K5 behind and get a donkey! (24" of clerance and a short wheelbase, unaffected by gas prices, non-pollutant!)LOL [​IMG]

Well, what do I know. Maybe you're calling ME lucky because any long trip can turn into a 4x4 adventure.

<font color=purple>////////
    Drive it like gas is </font color=purple><font color=red>$2.00/gal!!!</font color=red>
    [​IMG]