Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Afi....

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by azblazer, Aug 29, 2006.

1. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This whole chip burning poo is driving me nuts. Been fighting with the new laptop to download some road data with winaldl....as i have given up trying to go the DIY route as there is just not enough info out there to make me wanna continue....is there an alterantive method ie: management sytem i can retro in place of my 7747 and solve all the issues?

DW

2. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

The 7747 is the simplest ECM to get started with.

Here's the best link I know of on how to get started tuning your own chips. Actually it's very detailed for beginners in every aspect of TBI injection conversions.
    http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48653

Are you having issues with the new laptop and USB conection to collect data with WinALDL? If so the drivers for the cable are the issue.

3. azblazer

Thats the issue. I have a belkin f4u409...and i gave up with that one and went and bought a old school db9 serial to usb yesterday and winaldl says everythings cool but no data....

The idea here is to log data and send the bin file to someone to burn me a chip....

Can you recommend a new cable and where to purchase so i can get it shipped to the shop here in calgary....i have a lot of long distance well sites to drive to while i am here and its the perfect oppurtunity to log a lot of data....

DW

4. eagle mark

5. azblazer

Looks like the one i bought yesterday but not that particular brand....

Talked with a guy 2 hours from here in calgary from a shop called Westers Garage and he said the one i need is a belkin unit and its sold at staples here in calgary...i'll buy one after work. If this doesn't work it has to be in the aldl cable i bought from customefis years ago....

The 232 interface cable i bought came from customefis.com years back....

DW

6. eagle mark

Did the cable ever work you got from customefs.com?

I know they all look the same but for some reason the one at the link above works. It may be the software drivers that come with it. I'll attach the drivers here for you to install.

Attached Files:

7. azblazer

Sorry for not following up Mark....i bought a similiar db9 to usb like the auction shows...loaded the driver...and i have squat. So instead of breaking my new 2K laptop over my knee i just walked away....lol. I need a driver for a belkin F5U409.....

Had to bug out of calgary on short notice to a job NW of edmonton. Truck is doing alot better with a bone stock reman dizzy with the 6AL box back in the mix and the plugs gapped to .050 and the timing set at 6 deg. However i just had a thought...with the timing bypass unplugged and setting the timing to 6 degrees with the P/N wire unplugged so the ecm thinks its in drive...am i getting an acurate reading....i would assume so as the timing duties are manual once the plug is unplugged....i just installed a painless p/n switch set-up on the side of the trans so the ecm will see park but i have yet to wire it. Maybe in a few days i'll have some time out here...poss on casing break.

The mileage is back up again but i need to sit here and dig thru my notes and reciepts to get it figured....but it looks like i may be in the 11-12 range once again. Not bad for a K5 with no O/D and a turtle on its back.

Once i manage to get this thing to dump data to winaldl are you interested in doing the chip work? Just thought i'd ask and give you first dibs before i look into wester's garage here in Tilly AB (2 hour drive each way) or TBIchips.com.
    Wester's told me to set the timing back to 0 and let her be a slug and gather the data.

I think i'm going to bip over to moates and see if he has a usb cable to interface with the obd1 plug and hotshot it up here to the shop so it will be there after this job....

DW