Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AFI's "december underground"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jun 11, 2006.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

good CD, my roommate bought it and i ripped it into my ipod (i never buy music anymore) im liking it so far, their sound has definetly evolved quite a bit. ive been a fan since "the art of drowning"... AFI has never let me down.

2. cycologic

cycologic Registered Member

Aaawwh man, I was way off-base on what I thought AFI sounds like. I can't say I care too much for December Underground, but maybe it will grow on me. I dunno if I will risk buying any of their other albums without "sampling" them first.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think you'd find that their sound on the other albums is most similar to track 2 on december underground, tho that's not that accurate.

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

X2 :haha:

6. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I saw one of their new vid's on mtv and I'm sorry , I thought they sucked . I guess I'm just to spoiled with band's like Dreamtheater and other progrock bands . I have a very diverse taste in music and I can always find somethings I like about most bands . I really look for good musicianship and song writing / lyrics . Image isn't much as a concern to me cause it's mainly just a gimik to sell their music . These guy's failed at all levels . The mainstream music scene for all music has pretty much been lacking for along time . It's more about visual art then the substance of music .

7. cycologic

I'm pretty out of tune with what is mainstream, I don't watch MTV, Fuse or even listen to the radio. I have heard people talk about AFI and I figured "what the heck". Lesson learned, becase I have tried listening to them today and just can't get into them.

As was mentioned in another thread, Opeth's Blackwater Park is awesome. Sometimes I get lucky and find a band that makes up for many other's shortcomings.

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I personally think the album is one of their worst. I actually like quite a bit of their older stuff, but not this album, especially Miss Murder, that song sucks something fierce.

9. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

this man knows whats up.

everyone go download "AFI - fall children"

10. cycologic

Just for the benefit of doubt, I subjected myself to them a little more. I won't be downloading any more of their tunes, too whiney for me. The rest of their albums may not sound like that one, but all it takes is one mistake to learn a lesson. Lesson learned.

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ive been a fan since the art of drowning album, i dont even know how many years ago... their sound has definetly changed a lot, im still not as crazy about this albm as the older ones but i can appreciate it for what it is, not compare it to what they used to be... every artist in the world progresses, some of them in a good way some of them bad... its just personal preference.