Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Afordable Anti Wrap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, May 11, 2003.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I got my 57's today and will install them this week. I have a great concern for my drivetrain following the install because I know these soft springs will encourage axle wrap. I am looking for an economical way to stop or lessen the wrap. I've seen several bars put out by companies that look like fine products but have yet to see one with my wallet in mind. Is there a backwoods fix for this ? or does anyone know of an inexpensive bar or bars?

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Find your nearest farm town and find a tractor supply store like tractor supply company or quality farm and fleet. They sell these link bars that are about 18" long and on each end is a ball and socket. They run about $18.00 a piece. Then you cut those in half and extend them to what ever length with thick round stock steel. Then make brackets on the bottom of your axle and connect them to your frame. Look at these pics of my buddies truck which he did exactly what i explained:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i've got the springer suspension kit, and I don't have any maor axle wrap issues...

you got some major torque motor or something?

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Can you say, GOOD BYE GROUND CLEARANCE??????!!!!!!! Holy crap!

This has been talked about alot, I know there's a ton of info in the search button..... I particularly like the one with the shock mounted above the pumpkin to a bracket accross the frame rails, thus using a stiff shock as a wrap dampener! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Thats just wjat I was thinking, bye-bye clearance.