Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

After 5 years...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ak bandit, Jun 21, 2006.

1. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

...of sitting in the driveway, the K5 is rolling on it's own power again. The new 396 has been sitting in the K5 since last October, but I havent spent too much time putting it all back together until a month ago. Before putting the big block in I rebuilt my TH350 because reverse wasnt engaging. I took it out for the first test drive on Monday and it was definitely a sweet feeling to be driving it again. The tranny rebuild did the trick because now it performs flawlessly. Of course I've only taken it down the street. Open headers are L O U D! It's getting the Flowmaster 70's put on it tomorrow though. I cant wait to take it out for a real test drive!

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice - post up some pics when you get a chance!

3. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I'll post some pics and maybe a video when I get the exhaust put on.
    Well, yesterday when I drove it to the muffler shop, it wouldnt shift into 3rd gear. It shifts into reverse, first, and second fine though. I tried manually shifting to first, then second, then to drive, but it just stays in second gear. Is it a big deal that my vacuum advance and tranny vacuum lines are switched on the carburetor? I'm 80% sure that they are, but I didnt think it would make that big of a difference. Also when I rebuilt the TH350, I put a new B&M vacuum modulator on. Do they come pre-set from the factory? Or do I need to adjust it?