Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

after BUBBAS post,who hangs out on thier front porch?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Jul 23, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

if you have one that is. anyway people seem to make thier backyard the place to be and never talk to thier neighbors.i grew up at grammies hangin on the front porch,even in wicked storms. we would sit under the awning and watch the whole thing.then we would sit all night and listen to grams stories.i sit on my porch all the time and know all my neighbors,its fun.and you build relationships with people,they like ya they watch your house.:deal: and lets not forget aboot the proverbial cup of sugar.:haha:

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well we don't hang out much on our porch. Especially in the summer time! The pool is the place to be and for some reason it isn't in the front yard.:screwy: We do know all of our immediate neighbors. Heck we were even allowed a night out here a while back thanks to the folks across the street.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i would, but it'd get pretty crowded, even if you were by yourself. :rolleyes:

IMAG0438.JPG

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

I like the heat myself. your pool is in the backyard???? you city folk MM MMM:haha: :haha:

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

im all about the backyard! pool, hot tub, built inBBQ, built in natural gas fire pit... we park in my front yard, thats it.

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I take the dog, and we sit out in the front yard alot of evenings. Wave to the bicyclists, talk to the neighbors. Sometimes I will step out in the street and slow someone down who is showing their ignorance.:mad:

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think most people do not sit on the front porch anymore because they cannot afford a house big enough to have a front porch like people back in the 50's and 60's did. The average house in the South West big enough to have a front porch can cost any where from $500,000 to $1,000,000.

An average house here in Las Vegas, which has a front yard with a driveway and a garage goes for about $600,000. In California, it would be $750,000 to $800,000.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

We sit on ours all of the time. It is a great way to stay in touch with the neighbors.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I sit out infront of my apt. every evening. [​IMG] I've gotten too know quite a few of my neighbors. Most of them are really good people.

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i chill on my front porch, got a good bit of room. we also hangout in our gazibo we built from a kit. neighbors cant really interact with us so, we are down a long pipestem.

DSCN0552.JPG

DSCN0553.JPG

DSCN0554.JPG

11. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

backyard in the pool here

Right Now for
    Palmdale, CA (93551)
    [​IMG]
    Fair 105°F
    Feels Like
    102°F

Updated Jul 24 01:00 p.m. PT UV Index: [​IMG] 10+ Extreme Wind: [​IMG] From NNW at 4 mph Humidity: [​IMG] 16% Pressure: [​IMG] 29.74 in. [​IMG] [​IMG] Dew Point: [​IMG] 50°F Visibility: [​IMG] 10.0 miles [​IMG] NEW! Advanced radar maps

12. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Our closet Neighbor is 3/4's of a Mile away and we live on the end of the road But we do sit on the porch quite a bit