Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

after lift steering correction

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, May 30, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I will be lifting my K5 next month via 52"/54"rear. I would like to be doing a crossover, but I cannot afford it for a couple more months. So which way would be better for steering correction? Drop pittman arm, or raised steering link?

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

with the 52" front swap you have to do a crossover steering setup as it pushes the front axle forward

3. mostwanted

yes, but I plan to use a zero rate to move it back if that is a problem. Plus, can't I just modify the link that has all the threads on it? Draglink?

4. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    just save the money for the x-over...why are you going to do work that you don't have to do...i just paid 675 for my HySteer from Sky Manufacturing...their x-over is about 3** something...

5. mostwanted

because I can put a arm on for less than $100. Upgrade later, then sell it. The lift should cost me about $500. Then tires are going to cost around $900. That will about take care of my budget for a few months.

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

dude steering is far more important than new tires. i drove around with small tires for a long time...who cares. get everything else squared away before you do the tires.

7. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    i agree...but if you want to comprise your safey & that of others then go right ahead...how about finding some less expensive tires on line that are used, that way you can work in a x-over kit with your budget...i'm sure you can find a less expensive x-over kit than i mentioned above...i found my 44" boggers on line that i got for 1400, used {about 98.5% tread}, & brand new woulda run me at least 1900 + shipping...