Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

After Market Heads

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5blazerus, Mar 24, 2003.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

What is a good set of after market heads for a Small Block chevy besides the vortech heads. I dont want anything to radical. Right now I have stock 76cc 1.94" intake and 1.50"exhaust. I was thinking about 64cc or 60cc heads. I am just looking for good performace head.
    Colin

2. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

You really don't need to do aftermarket...just get your head done at a shop, but have them do bowl blending, porting and at least a 3 angle valve job. If your intent on aftermarket: Edelbrock's aluminum SBC heards are quite nice. My personal fave though are the SBC heads from Trick Flow... They're a little more radical then Edelbrock's, but I think they're worth it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

For trucks I like World S/R torquer heads. They come in 67 and 76 cc chambers have 202/160 valves and flow pretty good.
    I like them better than vortecs. They both give about the same power on a stock engine but the Worlds have bigger valves and you can use bigger cams with them and are a straight bolt on. Summit and Jegs both sell them for around $740 a pair assembled.

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I will third what the previous two guys have said. I have S/R Torquers on my 388. I opted for the 67cc (measured to be 72cc) with 2.02/1.60 valves. They are great heads, I would recommend them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif