Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

After market hitches

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Apr 12, 2001.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if there is a hitch out there that will fit our vehicles that look sort of like the "hidden" hitches that are available for newer trucks? or maybe one where the reciever is visible and the hitch frame is not. Or perhaps less visible.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

2. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

You can get anyting you want if you go custom. I had one made for the front of my truck like you described - just the receiver part is visible beneath the bumper but the rest of the hitch is up behind the bumper and hidden. Cost was the same as the draw-tite that was installed in the rear.

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

The hitch that came on my '77K10 was like that. Maybe you could find one in a salvage yard. Since I have a hitch, I don't really know what is on the market.

[​IMG]