Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

After market parts for chevys, other then ORD, 4x4 iron, sky

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Apr 27, 2004.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Just looking around a bit before i start buying. I think most of my stuff will be from ord, but just wondering what else there is for these trucks.

Thanks mike

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

What are you shopping for?

4. 84CUCV

Sliders, bumpers, crossover and lift. I am going for a one shot deal. thanks

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I just bought sliders and bumpers from DP_90K5 (he's got lots of pics in his Members Rides gallery) and I'm REALLY HAPPY with his stuff.

As for the crossover stuff, Sky Manufacturing, Parts Mike and Blue Torch Fab all offer arms but I don't know if they have a complete kit. I think ORD is going to be the place for a kit.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sky does offer a complete crossover kit. I payed $300+ shipping for mine and it includes the studs for the steering arm where the ORD kit does not and costs $395. Other than that they're real similar IMO.

EDIT:

I was told today he upped his price to $375 for the kit. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif It's still more complete than ORD's because it includes the studs, but the fact that the price jumped so much is kinda irritating.

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i bought the sky kit and didnt get the wheel studs!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

FYI - ORD is working on a super high strength ARP stud kit as a better quality, less expensive alternative to the GM studs, call them for more details.

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

11. 84CUCV

The more i look around the more that i am going to have DP_90K5 do my bumpers and sliders. Sky is where my crossover is coming from.

Mike

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i bought the sky kit and didnt get the wheel studs!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and you shouldnt have got wheel studs. you should've got steering arm studs... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Don't get me started about sky. I ordered a dana 44 pass. side steering arm and stud kit from them which they had on sale. They gladly took my order. two days later they call back and tell me they are back ordered. So fine, two weeks he says and he will put it on second day air. Two weeks comes and goes with the two day shipping having passed as well. I call them up and they track them. He tells me they are in Oregon. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif So he offers to send me out another one. Second day air also. It shows up without the stud kit. So I call them again. He says the first one should be there pretty soon and to take the stud kit from that one and they would send a recall for one of the arms. So fine, I wait a couple more days and the original shows up. Excited to finally have all the peices I go out to install it. Two of the studs thread in to the knuckle one does not. None of the nuts go on the studs. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif So, I start trying my factory nuts. They won't go on either. So, I try new nuts on factory studs and they go on. So apparently there lathe that cut the threads was out of tolerance. I realize you can't check every bolt that leaves the building. So, I call them again and he says he will next day air AM deliver on saturday the stud kit to me. Didn't even know that could be done. Of course it didn't happen. I got them on Monday. Finally assemble the whole thing. Call them one last time to tell them they should be reimbursed for their SATURDAY AM delivery expense and that everything is finally together.

Take it for what its worth. I'm sure they spent all their profits trying to get it to me fast. A little quality control would have helped here and maybe should have told me right off the bat that they were back ordered.

Hopefully Sky learned something from all of this.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    FYI - ORD is working on a super high strength ARP stud kit as a better quality, less expensive alternative to the GM studs, call them for more details.

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks. I'll just pick up the phone and call my own ARP distributor.

I only ordered something that I could get through my work for the same or a better price from ORD once, and that was with my spring bushings. It took three weeks to get something that I could have had overnight from one of my distributors and for approximately the same price.

So, if ARP is making high strength steering arm studs, I'll just order them from one of my warehouses, or just get some off the shelf from Dorman.

Either way I won't have to wait three weeks because they're, "Out of stock" or, "We forgot to make more" because I will have them next day. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't get me started about sky. I ordered a dana 44 pass. side steering arm and stud kit from them which they had on sale. They gladly took my order. two days later they call back and tell me they are back ordered. So fine, two weeks he says and he will put it on second day air.

Hopefully Sky learned something from all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure everyone has a screwup eventually, nobody is perfect. My stuff from Sky was shipped the day after I ordered it via UPS ground and I had it within a few short days. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Tim not everyone works at a parts house though /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

When you find a 1/2" fine x fine stud from dorman or ARP let me know, we'll buy them from you instead of having ours custom built. We do need high strength, I'm really liking the 190Ksi ARP's.
    Ours will be very similar to the Dedenbears except we're using fine x fine so we can use a factory style tapered nut instead of a flat seat coarse nut.
    We're retaining the design of our arms that lets us re-use the factory studs if you already have them but I think most guys are going to want to use the ARP's.