Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

after market seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88bblazen, May 26, 2004.

1. 88bblazen

88bblazen Registered Member

i'm looking for after market seats for my 88' chevy blazer. i'm a big guy standing at 6'6 i need something that i can sit in comfortably and not looking for totally offroad seats just some good seats that hold me in place. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

Corbeau Baja SS Ultra or one of PRP seats just my .02

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I had Flofits in my '79 K5 for a few years, loved them. I'm 6'4, 200#. www.seatsource.com was the place I got them, they have all the majors..........check them out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I used some GMC Sahara (minivan) seats and the bolted right up. Astro Van Seats will bolt up too. Super comfy with arm rests too. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I bolted in some 98 Pontiac Sunfire seats on 89 Mitsubishi Montero suspension base and a 87 2 door Montero passenger base, so the seat tilts forward. Suspension base almost bolted straight in. Only had to drill 2 holes.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am 6'5" 270lbs, I put 2001 silverado seats in my 87 blazer and I love them. Found them on Ebay for $400 shipped. Great for big guys... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I am picking up as set of seats from a 1993 Honda Prelude. My buddy is swapping in seats from an S2000 so I am gonna pickup the Prelude seats from him...They are VERY supportive and comfortable...

Chris

8. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

foud leather seats from Silverado on E-bay. Front power buckets and the back seat. ad the original Blazer rear seat covered to match and shortened the Silverado rear to fit between the wheel wells. It faces the rear and the bottom folds up for cargo space when not in use. Now I can take the whole family and the dog.
    The bucket seats are great and the seat belt assembly is built in to the seat. E-Bay don't cha know. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Dilbert73

Dilbert73 Registered Member

camok5 &amp; justwhatido

I keep thinking the newer Chevy truck/SUV seats with the integrated seatbelts would be the ultimate combination of comfort, convenience, and safety. Any feedback on and/or PICTURES would be greatly appreciated. How did they fit, how did you mount them, etc.

Thanks in advance...Patrick /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've thought about using captin swivel buckets from a conversion van. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sorry no pics but to mount then all I did was cut /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the bottom off the silverado seats and moved them so they lined up with the original holes then welded them back on /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif. Make sure to move the seat towards the center enough if you plan on running a roll cage because with the integrated seat belts they are alot wider then the stock seats.

12. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

I used the newer power tahoe seats with the integrated belts. I also got the third center seat that folds down to a console. I made steel adapter plates to mount them and it worked out real well. I Also used the flip and fold 50/50 tahoe 3rd row seats in the back with the mounting brackets from the tahoe floorboard to retain the quick release and fold feature. Those brackets are worth their weight in gold, it took me nearly 4 months to find them! If you want I can take some pictures of the whole setup later this week. They are really comfortable, cost was about $600 for all of the fronts and $500 for the rear. Even at that high cost they were hard to find. They are cloth though, so eventualy I want to recover them in leather. I would have just bought leather, but I couldn't find any 40/20/40 front seats with the middle seat in leather. All the leather seats only had a console in the middle with no seat.

by the way, I am 6'5" and with the seat all the way back there is more than enough room to be comfortable.

Brian

13. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Patrick,

Soon as we finish the sheet metal and I have the spray bedliner put on, I'll mount the seats and of course will take pictures. I've shot a roll and a half of the before, and various stages of tear down. Now am starting to build and will keep pictorial records. They will be posted soon. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've thought about using captin swivel buckets from a conversion van.

[/ QUOTE ] thats what i did and they work great had do drill 2 holes on each side but they work great but that was in my 78 but i have a friend did the silverado thing and he loves it I would go that route if you dont mind spending a little more$

15. Dilbert73

Dilbert73 Registered Member

75K5 &amp; justwhatido

Looking forward to pictures from both of you. 75K5...that folding 3rd row seat is exactly what I was thinking of, also with the integrated seatbelts. Glad to hear it worked so well. I was thinking of the full buckets for the front, so that hopefully I can keep the Tuffy console. Definitely looking forward to pictures.

Patrick