Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

after market seats

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tazcwj, Oct 26, 2001.

1. tazcwj

tazcwj Newbie

suggestions on the best seats to put in my 69k5?

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I searched quite a bit. The hard part for me was in getting an inexpensive seat that could stand getting rained on, since I have no top planned for the rig. I checked on vinyl (corbeau, recaro etc..) but most are narrow racing seats. I ended up with the reclining Steelhorse Superseats. They are a designed for j**ps and can handle the weather. They are a little narrower than I preferred, but I think they are very confortable. The quality is good for the price. Bestop also has similar seats. If you have a hard top on , the choices are endless. Good luck. JT

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

There is an article in one of the 4wd magazines this month where they put some Beard Seats into a 80's something K-5. They were really nice looking and they sell a matching rear seat [​IMG]. Check out their site at http://bestop.com/trailmax_seats/index.shtml

'69 K-5/350/TH350/35's & 6" Lift

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I went with Flofit seats. Best seats I have found. Cost about $800 delivered to my door with the mounting setup. Can get them at Seat Source in RIverside, CA 909-343-9430. They also carry most of the other major seat manufacturers.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. midnitlove

midnitlove Registered Member

Whats wrong with the original seats?? I've been looking for original seats to put into my k5. Right now I have some nice toyota seats, but they are unsecured and wobble a little. The drivers side is fully electrical. If anyone wants to trade me for originals I am willing.

<font color=red> AMIGOS SO. CAL </font color=red>

6. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I put 98 handa prelude seats in mine and they look good in there to.
    colin

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.

7. tazcwj

tazcwj Newbie

they are in real rough shape.... i prefer a higher back also

8. tazcwj

tazcwj Newbie

thanks for the info everyone.... 800$ is a little spendy for me

9. midnitlove

midnitlove Registered Member

Hey tazcwj
    I'll trade you seats. Do you have pictures of yours. I'll try to get some pics of mine. They are in great shape. The passengers side has a small hole. I'll get a pic of it. I'll trade you straight across, shipping for shipping and then you can have them reupholstered with the money you saved.! Try to email me some pics.

<font color=red> AMIGOS SO. CAL </font color=red>

10. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

My hunting buddy put a set of Corbeau Targa RS Wide seats in his Blazer. They have cloth upholstery, but they are very nice (the Wide version also fits very nicely in the Blazer). Price is about what the Flofits run unless you opt for any special options (custom upholstery, heaters, etc.).

11. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Tazcwj, I would be interested in the toyota seats also. I can get pics of mine if you need them. They are white with green houndstooth cloth. They need to be upolstered, but are in good shape. Do you need the rear as well? Email at matnelson@yahoo.com