Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

After Market Seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5blazerus, Mar 30, 2003.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

my a$$ is too big for those 5 points to work...it would feel like a diaper

i want a bench front seat in my blazer...i loved falling around in that thing

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i am currently running, and highly recommend, Corbeau Baja SS seats. They are very cozy, I havent felt comfortable in a car seat in years and I just took my first road trip in my rig since I got these new seats and they felt fantastic. They also seem to be very water resistant and well contructed. They are 5-point harness capable and the way the sides of the seat are designed they really hug your hootus. This is great when wheelin, you arent sliding all over the place. One thing to note... I am relatively lean (about 6', 180), if you are a big guy you might wanna get the Baja SS ultra (think thats what they are called), they are slightly wider and would prolly be more cozy for bigger guys. anyway, i think I paid about $150 a pop for them. Pics are in my webshots. Mastercrafts are good seats too, but if memory serves me I think when i was shopping for seats that they were more $pendy.

j

4. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I like the look of the seats you got. I am not a big guy.
    6ft 175lbs. Were they easy to install. How are they holding up. my seat is starting to fall apart and I want to get rid of my bench and get some buckets.
    Colin

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

> Were they easy to install.

yep, I still use my factory brackets. Basically I bolted a 1/8" steel plate to the existing brackets... then 2 pieces of angle iron to the 1/8" plate... and then the seats to the angle iron. its plenty strong, but is going to change once i integrate my seat mounting into my roll cage. At any rate, the seats basically have 4 steel tabs with 1/2" holes in them that you use to mount 'em. Pretty standard stuff for aftermarket seats like this. Dunno if you checked all the pics or not, but this one in particular shows how I mounted them. Pretty straight forward...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/41095128/45122543FZzriM

> How are they holding up.

other than the dust that I have got on them they are like new. I have had the top off on my rig all winter, so they have been subjected to some moisture etc and they still seem to be in great shape. I run grant sport shield seat covers on my seats most of the time, this really helps. they keep water/dirt/grime off the seats as well is minimizing physical wear from my rear end rubbin on the upholstery. These grant seat covers are a good thing to have and are pretty cheap to if I remember right ($20ish?)... good investment to make sure your seats last a looooooong time.

> my seat is starting to fall apart and I want to get rid
    > of my bench and get some buckets.

yeppers, as far as the interior goes, the baja ss's have been one of my best mods. Good product, good price, thats always a good combo. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j