Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

after reading STICKSELLERS post, got to thinkin aboot scams...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Sep 19, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

a couple i've heard from customers that use home depot sometimes.first was a painter. he was doing an apartment building so it was off the shelf stuff.he went to the paint department and got his order filled,did the job and a few days later went back and had the same order pulled again . then he took the supplies right to the return desk with the origional receipt and got his money back!:haha: second was a window installer. he went and placed his order and when they came in he said the measurements were wrong.threw a little fit and left.later he has one of his guys go there and look at windows they can't sell for full price cuz they don't FIT anything and he buys all the ones they need for 1/3 of the price.:haha: :haha: :haha: anyone else hear some good ones?:laugh: :laugh:

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I work at Lowe's. I see it every day. There's nothing I can do about this theft.

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am obviously, one dumb SOB. Because, that kind on **** has never crossed my mind.

Keep your smart arse comments about my SC education to yourself:D

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yep happens alot
    people outright steal alot of **** from our store, and there isent much i can do about it.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it is amazing isn't it? we had a guy a couple weeks ago get three chimney flashing kits in one box.he took all the peices from each box and stacked them on each other so it would close.the only reason numb nuts was caught was JAY at the counter moved the box to read what color it was and felt the extra weight.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

core charge ?

I saw one guy make off with hundreds of dollars at one parts store I worked at..he'd fix cars on the side at home,and when a customer (usually one of our steady "garage" customers,that paid cash as a rule) bought a clutch,water pump,etc--he'd sell them to the garage,then ask if they needed the box(es)..

(most of the hi volume garage customers didn't bother with "core charges"--they just added that onto the repair bill,and cashed the cores in as scrap iron,or just tossed them in a junk car or the dumpster..)

The dishonest employee would take the boxes home,and fill them with HIS cores,and then go back to the store ,and write up a "core credit" cash slip,and pocket the money!..this added up fast,when most starters,alternators,and water pumps had a 10-15 dollar core charge,and a clutch disc and pressure plate could bring as much as 30-50 bucks!..he was eventually caught,and was given the axe..but I bet he made more than his weeks pay, in core charges for several months before the owners caught on to his little scam...:crazy:

I think crooks work harder trying to rip off people ,than they would at a real job most of the time!..:rolleyes: