Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

After two years, it's rollin'

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rednekjimmy86, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Rednekjimmy86

Rednekjimmy86 Registered Member

Hey everyone, I finally got my truck running after sitting for two years now! I replaced a bunch of seals on the motor, installed a headliner, rebuilt the carb, added some 33x12.50 BFGoodrich T/As - they rub a little when turning a hard right, and dual straight pipes. Well, I was getting ready to drive it up to my college last weekend and I noticed it had some holes in the radiator! This thing is going to nickel and dime me to death!

It's finally running really good and strong, but I didn't realize how much gas it sucks down. But other then that it's great! I guess it cost to look good!

What i wanted to know is with my tires rubbing, do yall think I need to cut it or beat it back with a hammer or not worry about it?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You have a few options.

1. A small 2" lift kit can be had cheap and will fix the rubbing issue.

2. You can trim the fenders and Steve has a good article in the Technical Articles section - use the navigation drop down menu to find it.

3. You could beat it with a hammer.

Just remember that everytime you increase the tire size you have to compensate somewhere else. If you are on the trail or hit a pothole on the road your fender will drop down on carve a groove in your tire. Over time they get torn up a bit. In the end it depends on what your willing to accept.

3. Rednekjimmy86

Rednekjimmy86 Registered Member

I hate the idea of cutting into the body, I don't want to mess it up. I also really do not want to spend anymore money then I have to on it, I'm trying to save up for some body work.

So right now I am leaning towards trying to beating it with a hammer and hopefully it will not rub anymore!

4. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

ok if you beat it with a hammer it is just going to cost you more $$$ when you get the body work done to it.
    you can pick up a pair of 2 inch add a-leaf for the front for $70 and 2 inch blocks for $50. and you wont have a problem and it will look better