Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket AC for 72

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bassplayer4x4, Feb 6, 2002.

1. bassplayer4x4

bassplayer4x4 Registered Member

Newebie looking for a little direction. I was hoping to find some information on adding AC to a 72 that does not have AC. I found Vintage Air's website, but are there any others I should look at? Purchase decision is riding on this...cause its dang hot here in NC in the summer time, even with the top off.
    Thanks,

2. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I saw a guy down at Sears (Houston) a few months ago with a 70 pickup, he had installed Old Air - abouit 1200 bucks installed. These guys have been around a while. The guy said the AC froze his nueces even in Texas summer...

www.oldairproducts.com
    JB

3. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

clicky <a target="_blank" href=http://www.oldairproducts.com>www.oldairproducts.com</a>

4. Max

Max 1/2 ton status

Howdy from Durham! Do you have a 72 or are you thinking of getting one? Drop me a mail offline maybe we can meet up and beat our trucks up somewhere.

5. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

I've seen a couple of Chevy trucks with the Vintage Air kit installed. That's the way I plan to go. The kits are very complete, they look like a stock installation, and the guys I talked to said that the instructions were good.

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I'm going to retrofit a factory system using mostly junkyard parts. Is that not an option for you?

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have most of the AC stuff laying under my truck in the Driveway. I wouldn't mind selling the stuff I have but don't have the time to take out any of the hard stuff (ie dash controls, conderser). I have everything but the compressor. The cables for the controls are shot but they are cheep.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have the compressor.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>