Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket for TBI??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Jun 26, 2000.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I've never owned a TBI until now. My question is can you add aftermarket products such as the Edelbrock Performer Manifold to a TBI engine? I had the performer manifold on my old truck and loved it. Is the bolt pattern on a TBI the same as on a carbuerator?

89 K5 Silverado

2. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the TBI world. The bolt pattern is different. The four bolts in the middle are straight on the TBI, while the ones on the carb is angled. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just some hole modifications.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Edelbrock has a Performer made specifically for TBI motors. Don't know the part # offhand, but I know it's in the Summit catalog.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Try calling turbo city or going to their web site. They've got some cool upgrade stuff for a TBI. I can't remember their web address, so I'll have to look it up. I kept mine pretty stock other than rebuilding the TBI itself (SIMPLE). I love the way it runs, and doubt I'll ever switch back to a carb. You can also go to the edlebrock website and order a catalog. It's free and has the intake like what you're after

Kyle
    89K5

5. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

Jegs also has some really nice stuff for TBIs. they have a kit that I have that removes the injectors from the throttle body and gives you 8 new ones you put in a new intake manifold(that comes with the kit) that you put on your engine to give you and injector in every cylinder(like TPI). Cst me abot 900 bucks with a small discount, and made a world of difference trying to tune the computer for my 383. check it out at www.jegs.com or order a catalog from jegs and check it out. good stuff. and turbo city has alot of great stuff too. got a few throttle body spacers there to get my throttle body closer to my hood for my hood scoop.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder