Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket guages? Small cluster on the left, which ones -what size?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jjlaughner, Oct 8, 2002.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have been looking at aftermarket gauges such as the temp, oil pressure, and volts but What size do I need to look at and are there any that just slide right into the old places? Electrical/mechanical? Can I get get digital temp,volt,air/fuel,oil pressure guauges without the dakota package?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> 2 5/8" gauges will almost slide right in, you have to cut the cup part off of the back side of the bezel then slide the gauge in from the front. I've also seen the bezel cut from the back and the gauge mounted from teh backside. Looks real factory but holding them in place is a bit of a challenge. </font color>

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I did this in my 79 K10. It had the idiot lights and metal plate. I removed the plastic lenses and cut the hole out to fit 2 5/8" guages in it. I then had to cut the white plastic tubes out of the cluster to make room for the guages. They are a tight fit between the metal piece and the dash bezel but it works for me. Sorry I dont have pics.

Eventually I plan to make my own bezel out of aluminum or stainless steel.

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif