Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket in line fuel pumps for tbi's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Apr 25, 2003.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Aftermarket in line fuel pumps for tbi\'s

I'm going to go to a fuel cell in the Blazer and was wondering what aftermarket fuel pump would work best? Looking for a inline pump to mount inside the frame rail and was wondering which ones you have liked and which ones to stay away from.

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Aftermarket in line fuel pumps for tbi\'s

I have used Holley and don't recommend them mainly because of really crappy warranty service. We had an in-line go bad on our 77 Sub conversion - was about 3 months old, the shop I bought it at said they could not replace it without Holley inspecting it to see if it was my fault (dirty inside), well after about 8 weeks, they came back and said yea it was bad!!!!!!!! Would I like a replacement or a refund!!! Yeah......like I was gonna wait 2 months without a fuel pump, anyway this thing had cost about $140 - we had just drove downtown and bought it (poor planning). Obviously after Holley wouldn't just refund or replace immediatly, I shopped the internet and bought a Walbro for about $90 from Howell. I'm very happy with it, I will not buy Holley stuff again after being exposed to their warranty policy. (And I won't buy from Chuck's Speed and RV again either). Whatever happened to taking care of the customer?

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Re: Aftermarket in line fuel pumps for tbi\'s

External High pressure

Application 1993 Bronco Autozone P/N E2000, about $75 (2000 usd), and uses a hose clamp on each end, the output side uses a removable fitting that can be modified to take an AN hose end. The inlet side is low pressure and using the clamp shouldn't be a tech issue.

In Tank High Pressure

Application 1986 Chevy Camaro with Fuel injection. Look in the bottom for an inlet screen just inside the pump, some versions don't have it. You'll find one if you try more than once. This has a clamp on hose also, but is in the tank and won't be a safety issue.

External Filter

A good external filter is a Purolator F33144, this comes in different brands an is another generic GM part. You can get AN hose adapters from several companies for this filter. The smallest size adapter fits an AN6 line. The filter has 5/8" (I think) inverted female flare on both ends. The filter is probably the most economical filter designed for fuel injection that can easily be plumbed with AN fittings.

I do not believe in rubber lines on the high pressure side except for a short piece to get from the frame rail to the motor...and that I would make a braided Stainless Steel line.

Hope that helps