Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aftermarket mud flaps, any tips?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AuH2O, Jan 7, 2007.

1. AuH2O

AuH2O 1/2 ton status

I took off the running boards on my DD K5 (unneccesary, ugly, waste of space and potential rust sources) but found that if I don't want to wash the truck even after only on-road use, mud flaps up front would be a pretty good idea. I checked with GM but the original rubber ones that said "Blazer" that I still have on the rear wheels were discontinued. Guess I could just go with generic rubber GM's or something, but there must be something out there that looks a little better.

Lund makes a couple of styles, but according to their website none that'll fit older K5 or Burbs as is (maybe with some cutting and drilling?) Also, I'm not sure I don't think all that diamond plate stainless steel make 'em look a little too, um, "pimpy"...

Link to the Lund flaps:

http://lundinternational.com/lund_int_truck_category_objectname_lund_int_truck_mud_flaps.aspx

What are y'all using, if any? I did a search but came up with mostly big removable homemade flaps for passing inspection between off-road use, and since this is a stock (except for 33" tires w/o lift) daily driver it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any pics of Lund flaps on their truck? Might be a good idea to see what they look like on-veichle. Or, any other good tips?

2. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

never been a fan of mudflaps. it would keep it cleaner, but i don't care for the look.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I got some big cheap ones from Oreillys, like 7 bucks for a pair

4. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just make sure whatever you get has the nekkid girl silhouettes on em.

Seriouly, though, I've got a set of plain black rubber ones you can have for the shipping cost. They're used but in decent condition.